News & Events
ADIDAS CREATES A NEW BOOST INNOVATION FOR URBAN RUNNERS: PULSEBOOST HD
• Boost HD delivers more stability with the same unrivalled energy return and comfort
• Pulseboost HD is the first silhouette to offer Boost HD, an evolution of the iconic midsole technology from adidas
• In true Creator Sports Brand fashion, adidas collaborated with urban runners from New York, Paris and Berlin to open-source the creation of Pulseboost HD
Introducing Boost HD: a new innovation in Boost technology. adidas has engineered Boost HD for more stability with the same unrivalled energy return and comfort. It’s a new expression of the best.
Sitting lower to the ground, Pulseboost HD is ready for the unexpected. A sudden stop, juke or quick change in direction on a busy city street is not a problem with a completely new package of performance benefits for runners.
• Boost HD is engineered for more stability with the same best-in-class comfort and energy return—a new expression of the best.
• Continental™ Adaptive Traxion is a new Continental™ Rubber outsole developed by artificial intelligence, giving maximum grip to quickly change direction on any surface, dry or wet.
• Adapt Knit is a new flexible upper that stretches where you need it.
Stephan Schneider, Sr. Product Manager, adidas Running, said: “Running in a city is unlike running anywhere else. Traffic, lights and crowds make for a unique experience—high challenges that come with high reward. We wanted to create something that was born from urban runners. Their infrastructure. Their inspirations. Their energy.
To create Pulseboost HD, we started by breaking down the elements of running in a city, namely position of the foot. For example, runners are more on their forefoot than midfoot. We then used computational design and, most importantly, insight from key urban runners to create Pulseboost HD. This isn’t a product made by adidas, it is a shoe created by urban running culture.”
To highlight the design and collaboration story, the shoe features the GPS coordinates for New York, Paris and Berlin, where runners from each city helped develop Pulseboost HD.
In partnership with Spotify, adidas put a QR code on the tongue that links directly to a custom playlist based on where you are in the world, ensuring every runner is ready to move. Scan the code with a mobile device to launch Spotify and unlock an exclusive playlist.
The limited-edition monochrome colorway is now available in the GCC at adidas.com for AED 649, followed by the worldwide release of the additional colorways on June 27th.
GET READY FOR MORE BOOST: The release of Boost HD is just the beginning. adidas is gearing up to celebrate the legacy of its culturally iconic footwear innovation. Come July, the world will be invited to fall in love all over again with the feeling that with Boost on your feet, you can take on anything.
Sign up for more information at adidas.com/feeltheboost. Follow the conversation on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and using #PulseBoost HD and @adidasrunning.